Answer to Question No BD 1(a):
Being write off of accounts receivables.
Debit : Allowance for uncollectible accounts $64,000
Credit: Accounts receivable $64,000
Being bad debt expense for the year.
Debit : Bad Debt Expense $46,000
Credit: Allowance for uncollectible accounts $46,000
Answer to Question BD No.1(b):
Balance Sheet As At 31 st December 2005
Accounts receivables, net of $50,000
in allowance for uncollectible accounts
|Go back to CONTENT PAGE for all articles on Bad Debts and Provision for doubtful debts|
- Answer To Accounting Question BD Test No 2 On Accounts Receivables And Bad Debts
- Accounting Test No BD 1 : Accounts Receivable And Bad Debts
- Accounting Test No BD 2 : Accounts Receivable And Bad Debts
- Content Page On Bad Debt And Provision
- Should Bad Debts Be Written Off Against The Provision For Doubtful Debt?