This article seeks to introduce a little about the ACCA and the entry route to this infamous Accountancy Association.
ACCA or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants has been recognised and respected across the world for about 100 years and has 296,000 students and 115,000 members in 170 countries.
(a) The minimum entry requirements for the ACCA are:
- Two A Levels and Three GCSEs or the equivalent in five separate subjects including English and Mathematics.
- Normally aged 18-years-old and above.
(b) Graduate-entry route:-
- Relevant degree holders from ACCA-accredited institutins may be exempted from all nine exams within the Fundamentals level and register directly at the Professional level.
- Degree with some relevance may also qualify for exemptions
(c) Access to ACCA via CAT qualification:-
- No academic qualifications required
- Complete Certified Accounting Technician(CAT) qualificatio first and then transfer to the Skills module of the ACCA Qualification by claiming exemption from the first three papers in the Knowledge module
(d) Other exempting qualification:-
- Certain higher education and professional qualifications will be assessed for exemptions
Length Of Completion of ACCA course:
- The length of time it takes to qualify as an ACCA member depends on the student
- Although it is recommended to complete the practical experience along with the passing the exams, it is up to the candidate to decide how he/she study, how often to sit for exams and where and how to gain relevant practical experience.
- It is require to complete 14 papers in total.
- A maximum of nine papers in the Fundamentals level are available for exemption
- The student can take a maximum of ten years though on average most students take about three to four years to complete ACCA
- On registration, an initial subscription fee of Sterling Pound64 needs to be paid
- Then on January 1 each year, an annual subscription fee will be due. As you enter for exams or claim exemptions, a payment will be requested.
- Registration can be either by post or online.
- For those who wish to take part in specific paper-based examination sessions, the two deadlines are as follows:
- For the June examinations-register by Dec 31 the preceding year
- For the Dec examinations-register by August 15 the same year
- If by post, e-mail ACCA at email@example.com to request the registration pack to be sent via post. Alternatively for on-line, log in at http://www.accaglobal.com/join/register/online
- Who wish to pursue ACCA can seek assistance at ACCA Malaysian Sdn Bhd, 27th Floor, Wisma Denmark,86, Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur.