Some of the major benefits derive from doing proper Manpower Planning are as follows:-
- Enable the determination of personnel needs of an organization
- It is an essential component of strategic planning
- It helps to ascertain and identify critical shortages of skilled staff and take corrective action by timely recruitment, etc so as to prevent production break-down or under-utilization of plant capacity
- An integral part of managerial succession plan by identifying and developing potential managers
- Enable organization to cope with changes in competitive forces, markets, technology, product, etc all of which always generate changes in job contents, skill demands, number and type of personnel
- Enable the procurement of personnel with necessary qualification, skill knowledge, work experience and proper work attitude.
- Involves in selection and development of employees well in advance so as to meet any contingencies.
- Besides looking and reacting to staff deficit, Manpower Plannin is also able to identify any surplus/redundancy, if any in an organization.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE ARTICLES ON MANPOWER PLANNING & STAFFING