In audit work/procedures, there is the term called Surprise check. Surprise Check is also known as Test Check. The advantage and features of Surprise Check are as follows:
Advantages of Surprise Check
· Able to reduce the auditor routine work so that he can devote his time to more important aspects.
Features Of Surprise Check
· Entries selected for surprise check should be representative of the whole, and the entries of every description must be tested
· Selection of items to be checked should be at random.
· Surprise Check Or Test Check is useful and important that if a client’s internal control system is reliable but when surprise check reveal discrepancies then the auditor should do a thorough checking of the books and other relevant records.
- Dictionary Of Auditing Terms-Alphabet C
- Alphabet C-Auditing Terms
- Dictionary Of Auditing Terms-Alphabet A
- Internal Control Checklist/Questionaires/Assessment on Inventory,Logistics And Distribution
- Internal Check As Part Of Internal Control System And Features/Framework Of An Effective Internal Check System