What Is The Reason For Preparing A Profit and Loss Appropriation Account/Statement For A Partnership and Why Not For a Sole Proprietorship.
| Why do I need to prepare the Profit & Loss Appropriation for a partnership which is not required under a sole proprietorship organization:Answer:
Compared to a partnership there is no necessity to prepare a profit and loss appropriation account as the profit and loss appropriation account is basically to set up the SHARE OUT of the profits/(loss) of the business amongst the partners
As the partnership itself is not taxed on its profit and the partners are taxed individually based on their share of profits (re: share of profits, interest on capital and salaries), the preparation of such profit and loss appropriations will facilitate the taxing of the individual partners.
- What are the Accounting Entries at the END of the FINANCIAL YEAR of a partnership?
- What Are Some Of The Items That Need To Be Included In The Partnership Agreement. If the event where there is no such partnership agreement, how does this being covered under the Malaysian Partnership Act 1961,
- Accounting Test Question No. P1 On Partnership
- Profit & Loss Appropriation Account in Partnership Accounts
- Questions On Financial Mathematics On Partnership Accounting