|A bin card:
- Is kept for each and every stock item by the storekeeper
- A quantitative record of the individual stock item of its receipt, issue and balance
- Kept attached to the bins or receptacles or quite near so as to enable to identify the stock
- Balance is taken out after transaction whether every receipt or every issue
- Is a collection of cards or loose leaves specially ruled for maintaining a record of both quantity and cost of stock items received
- It also maintain record of stores receipt, issue and balance in respect to each item of inventory
- Entries in this store ledger are made from goods received notes and material requisitions.