In a partnership, when interest is paid on loan to the partner, is it an appropriation of profit or not?
|Earlier article described how a loan can occur in a partnership.
Interest on loans from a partner is accounted for as an EXPENSE in the Profit & loss account and NOT as an appropriation of profit even though the interest is added to the current account of the partners.
- Explain what is the Chart Of Accounts and give examples of a simple and complex chart of accounts
- Details Of Ninth Schedule Companies Act 1965(Act No 125)
- Questions & Answers On Financial Mathematics-Interest Computation
- Types Of Organization Structure- Partnership ( Part 2 of 3)
- Accounting For Partnership-“ Formation Of Partnership And Capital Account