Role of recruitment consultant:
· To perform the staffing function on behalf of the management of the client organization re: filling vacancies with the type and calibre of staff required
Tasks of a Recruitment consultant normally includes the following:
- Analysing, or being informed of, the requirements-the demands of the post, the organization’s preferences for qualifications, personality and so on;
- Assist to draw up, or offering advice on , job descriptions, person specifications and other recruitment and selection aids;
- Designing job advertisements;
- Screening applications, so that those most obviously unsuitable are weeded out immediately;
- Assist with short-listing for interview;
- Advising on the constitution and procedures of the interview;
- Offering a list of suitable candidates with notes and recommendations.
The tasks will depend on whether the consultant is employed to perform the necessary tasks or merely to advise and recommend.